It's been quite a few since my last blog post. Here's a timeline which doesn't include everything.
1) Graduated college with two degrees.
2) Got a house with my lady parts.
3) Got a puppy, named her Penelope.
4) Substitute taught during the school year
5) Worked on a farm
6) Been to three regional burns which energize me in ways I can't possibly try to explain but probably will in the coming months.
7) Joined Twitter (3 followers)
8) Made a conscientious attempt at being less negative and political on social networking sites. But here, it's a different story.
9) Uncle Shaggy
Some charming things about each of these, which includes some hot button talking points)
1) I'd like to try my hand in Psychology or Chemistry sometime, but until then...i'll just tutor myself in stuff and practice maths on my own since I have Student Loans (talking point #1).
2) It's in Ann Arbor. We can walk to the golf course for U of M tailgating. Tri-level with a deck. Classy and a lawn that just won't grow grass. I hate lawns. Grow food, not lawns (talking point #2).
3) She had a mild case of the doggy flu in July, which she was exposed at the Taylor shelter. She came through and is now a healthy pain in the butt who loves to eat helicopter seeds and my arm hair. Ellie recommends Chase. Not the corporation. The activity. (talking point #3) Actually, she recommends Chase everything that is blown by the wind and looks like something to chew on.
4) Saline alternative school treated me very well during my three weeks subbing there. I played volleyball, helped with math classes, and got hit in the face with a dodge ball. Thanks Seth, well played sir. According to a 7th grade geography class at the middle school, I am the coolest sub ever and I NEED TO TEACH THEM IN 8th GRADE. Well, if anyone wants a teacher, I am licensed in 6-12 Math and Speech, but I have experience in many other subjects. Knitting if you can believe that.
5) Gardening is excellent. I could get used to it. Dirty hands make for healthy living.
6) Lakes of Fire. Creativity. Companionship. Crazy awesome music and expressionistic artworks. Most of all, a NEW FOUND SENSE OF HUMOR thanks to an uncrackable pistachio in 2012.
7) Shaggy isms make their way onto Twitter now. #shag2ski
8) Whenever I find myself being negative or promoting something negative, I just multiply myself by a negative number and become positive. Music helps with this. So does Ellie. And wine. Don't forget the wine. (Trader Joes Wine in a Box, 4 bottles for $11)
9) Jeff, my ultra witty and talented brother of 30 years has been lucky enough to have an amazing child with his amazing gf, Amy. His name is Carter, and I can't do any online purchasing without thinking of him. Add to cart -er ok. (<---pun another="" anything="" as="" brain="" favor="" for="" him="" hy="" in="" intended="" is="" matusicky="" molding.="" monsanto.="" nbsp="" never="" offer="" our="" p="" point="" ripe="" shifting="" talking="" to="" volution="" vow="">
I have political beliefs and I am not afraid to sprinkle them into my blog. I try to stop it at a sprinkle, since if I wanted to slather myself in political BS, I'd be on FB right now reading my feed. I read more and question everything I read. I feel that I am right a lot. When I am not, I accept it, learn something, and move on to being right again.
Excellent. I also recommend reading anything by Noam Chomsky. Especially if you enjoy logical, intelligent thinking. If you don't enjoy logical, intellegent thinking, please, consider it.
Catch you on the flip side.